In Your Ear

I used to browse a forum where people would post music they were listening to, and I liked using it as a springboard to find new things. Post links to music that’s been in your ear lately.

2 Likes

1 Like
1 Like

Lately I’ve been listening to Wendy Carlos’ synthesizer work on Bach, as well as some of Yuzo Koshiro’s work on the PC-88. Both have been very fun to listen to!
From my ear to yours.

Switched on Bach - Chorale Prelude "Wachet Auf"

The Scheme - I'll Save You All My Justice

2 Likes

Speaking of Wendy Carlos, I’ve always loved the rendition of Ode to Joy heard in A Clockwork Orange.

I forgot she worked with Kubrick. Love the quirky music in that film!

1 Like

Been catching up with some of the newer Weezer albums I never got to. OK Human really captures the classic Weezer moodiness while adopting a baroque-feeling sound. Very nice.

1 Like

With the recent death of Ian McDonald, it is required to share a King Crimson song.

No, this isn’t a reference.

2 Likes

No, this isn’t a reference.

Is that a pro(JoJo)ect Wingman reference?

1 Like

It is a crime to bring up Koshiro without first dropping some Actraiser bass.

Actraiser - Fillmore

1 Like

I fell off the side of my bed once last year. Nothing bad happened, but ever since I've been obsessed with this song and only inverted x and y camera controls feel right to me now.

I'm not just obsessed with this song. It's my Bolero. It is the very paste of things. The connection between myself and others. I don't know why I keep coming back to it, but for better or worse I do.

Jessie Hold On - B*witched

//Edit I grew up in a hair salon in the late 90s early 2000s, and this is what everyone looked like. This is just what hair was.

2 Likes
1 Like

The ace combat series has always seemed like a metal gear-esque pandora’s box I don’t want to open

1 Like
3 Likes

New Weezer?

2 Likes

for better or worse iDog

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like